Experienced MI Criminal Defense Attorney Provides Skilled Advocacy
Knowledgeable lawyer represents accused individuals throughout southeast michigan
If you have been charged with a crime in the Metro-Detroit area, hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney can ensure that your case is given the time and attention it deserves. The Law Offices of Matthew A. Courter, P.L.C. provides dedicated support to each client I represent. I am intimately familiar with all facets of the MI criminal justice system, and backed by that knowledge and experience, I am able to guide you through the process while ensuring you understand your legal options. My results-oriented approach is intended to help clients move past the difficulty of their criminal charges and onto the next chapter of their lives.
dedicated MI firm seeks dismissals and fair plea deals
I represent clients in district and circuit courts in the following counties: Macomb, Wayne, Oakland, Monroe, Lapeer and St. Clair. I take on charges ranging from minor offenses and misdemeanors to serious felonies, seeking the best possible result whether that comes with the charges being dropped, a not-guilty verdict at trial, or a favorable plea agreement.
My firm provides counsel and representation for clients charged with:
- Violent crimes — I build self-defense arguments and other strong legal responses to violent crime charges such as those for assault and battery and domestic violence.
- Driving offenses — If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license or another traffic offense, I can examine the police report for potential vulnerabilities and help to minimize collateral consequences.
- Drug violations — I handle charges related to the possession, distribution and cultivation of illegal substances, with the goal of helping clients avoid harsh penalties.
- Sex crimes — Sentences for sexual offenses can carry lifelong consequences. I will work to ensure that your side of the story is told and that your rights are protected.
- Theft — During negotiations with prosecutors and in court, I respond to larceny, robbery and other theft charges.
Attentive and responsive attorney advises clients throughout the criminal justice process
At the Law Offices of Matthew A. Courter, P.L.C., I am prepared to go the extra mile to seek the justice you deserve. Through meticulous preparation and strict attention to detail, my efforts focus on achieving the best possible outcome for you under the facts of your case. I know that nothing is more important than your freedom. If you need a defense attorney who is dedicated to your case, contact me today.
Contact a determined MI attorney to provide your criminal defense
If criminal charges have been filed against you or a loved one, choose a criminal defense attorney with the resources and experience to make a difference. Call the Law Offices of Matthew A. Courter, P.L.C. at 586-221-3281 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.